Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Twilight -- I'll admit it

I'll admit it.  I watched Twilight today.  The first one.  I kind of liked it.  The tormented youths with all their angst and drama.  It was perfect.  The vampire angle was tedious but a bit of a turn on at the same time.  However, as a 17 year old, which, I don't think he really was.  He was something like 100 years old, right?  Anyway, with 100 years of high school under his belt he certainly knew all the right things to say to  Bella and every other teen age girl on the planet.  I know some grown women that swoon over Edward Cullen and the guy that played him.  Who was that?  Oh yeah, Robert Pattinson.  What a cutie.  He's my son's age.  Now I wish I'd read the book.  If I do, I know I will have Rober Pattinson's head on Edward Cullen's body the whole time I'm reading it.  I guess that's not such a bad thing.

Watching a movie like this makes me realize there's still a pretty good sized part of me that would really, really like to be swept in to a world of dark mystery by someone who would press his handsome face to mine and desperately whisper promises he could actually keep.  For me, that's the sexy in this movie.  Edward could back it up.  There is nothing sexier than a man that can back it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment