Thursday, March 3, 2011

When Was the Last Time You Felt Love?

I've been praying for a long time to be in love--to feel love.  The whole package, head over heels, spine tingling, toe curling, can't get enough of his smell on the pillow, wearin' his shirts on Saturday morning--in love. 

When I first thought about praying to be in love, it seemed like a pretty silly idea.  What did I need to pray a prayer like that for?  I was married.  Should be over the giddy kid's stuff.  That kind of feeling was for prom nights and homecoming dances.  For picnics and movie theatres.  Beaches, porch swings and tailgates.  Starlight and moonbeams.  Still I wanted to be in love or better stated here, to feel love like an incurable illness.

Over the months my prayer has evolved a little.  I pray to love, but I also pray to be loved.  Not only to be loved, but to be loved the way I need to be loved.  (I haven't the foggiest what that is)  I know feelings fade and life takes over.  However, I would give just about anything to feel love and be loved.  It's silly, but it's what I'm thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment