Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fitness Fail - Treadmill Maintenance

It's not really a total fail, but that looks good for a header.  When things started to bog down with my schoolwork, everything went out the window.  I haven't run or worked out in a week.  However, right or wrong, I may have breathed a few miles into my treadmill.  I get e-mails through a website called Manage My Life.  I don't know, they send monthly reminders, household hints, etc.  Well, one of the e-mails was about maintaining your treadmill.  VERY interesting.  I had no idea they could be maintained.  I've burned out three treadmills in my lifetime.  I guess buying them used was step one and not having the manuals was step two.

For some reason, the idea of having to buy another treadmill was fore front on my mind, so some time last week, I bought some silicone spray with a long red straw attached.  And, although I didn't have time to take it apart like the e-mail suggested, I did spray some silicone up in the moving parts.  It runs much quieter.  I was surprised at how loud it had gotten and I didn't even realize it!  When things slow down, I'm sure I will look that e-mail back up and do it correctly.

I'll post the website address later this week when I find the e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment