Sunday, February 3, 2019

Pink Sandals and a Lost Lunch

Returning to blogging after so many years feels strange.  I've skimmed through some of my posts from years ago.  Today I read a post from 2011.  I was fretting over a lunch invitation I'd accepted and had nothing to wear.  The post seemed to glaze over the opportunity to network and fixated on what to wear.  In it, I described shoes, pants, and a shirt I decided on and today, don't remember owning.  Pink sandals?  Pink shirt?  Jeans. Yes.  It's a rare person who doesn't own at least one pair of jeans.  I'm stuck on the pink sandals and pink shirt.  I honestly can't remember owning a pair of pink sandals or a pink shirt I would wear in public.  I have one Under Armor t-shirt that looks slutty on me so it sits in my drawer.  I have never even worn it in the backyard.  However, in 2011, it is the outfit I settled on to network with an acquaintance who invited me for lunch and to "show me around" pink sandals and a pink shirt.

What did you fret over eight years ago?  If you can't remember, perhaps it's a good thing or even better, maybe we need to evaluate what we worry or fret about.  What will be still be important in five years, much less eight?  What stressors will we forget and not even be able to remember what we wore, much less ever owning a pink pair of sandals and a pink shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment