Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Sense of Accomplishment

Moments ago, I put the lid on the project I was working on for the high school.  32 identical hoodies.  I was up to my eyeballs in Spandex, Panne and zippers for a few weeks.  The kids used the unfinished product for two competitions.  (Pinned Sleeves)  It was awesome to see the jackets in the videos and how great the students looked.  I took them back after the second performance and have been working on hemming the sleeves for a few days.  Now this was an adventure I should have logged here.  From finding a pattern to hemming the sleeves, it was an outrageous trip.  I hope to make about $1,000 on the job, so any tears I shed in the wee hours of the morning will feel worth it when I get that check.

I've decided to use it to get one of those carport type fixtures for our boats.  My husband has a 19 foot fishing boat and I have the catamaran I mentioned in an earlier post.  We looked at some a long time ago that had small workshops attached to them.  I think it would be great to move all of his woodworking stuff our there.  Of course we'd have to electricity out to it, but that would be small peanuts if it mean I might be able to reclaim 3/4 of the garage for use as an actual garage.

That means the pattern I bought for the retro dress is next in the queue and that makes me excited because I wanted to wear it in June for my niece's graduation.  So as soon as this class I'm taking is over, I will probably start posting more in my "Sewing Retro" topic.  I will also begin posting some photos of the dress from start to finish.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment