Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Even Better Idea

Well, this week in Fitness is news that I have not increased my distance at all.  I am still wavering in the .12 - .15 mile range at full incline.  That is really disappointed.  However, on Saturday, I did an experiment to see how far I could run without an incline.  I ran 4.6 mph and went .31 miles.  I didn't expect to be able to go more than twice as far.

I'm seriously trying a 5 mph run without incline every other day.  Just to see how far I can go.  Right now, it's just the .30.  It's much easier without the incline, so the point of getting the most out of the time I exercise is out the window.  It's going to be interesting to see how that part of the training pans out.  I think the change of pace and change in incline will do different things to my body shape.

I haven't lost any more weight, but I also didn't do any weight training this week.  That's part of the key to this.  When I am doing both the running and the lifting is when I see the pounds begin to creep down.  I'm sticking to my original goal of four pounds for the month of March.  That meant something like 192 in two weeks.  I'm behind from February's four pounds.  I probably won't see the 192 I had hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment