Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Am Number Four -- Full Time Action

This movie is a great date movie for the young and the young at heart.  It has a little bit of everything except gratuitous sex scenes.  The language is pretty clean, too.  We went to see it at the Lakeshore Cinema 6, one of the few theatres left around that has a matinee.  We decided to combine the 1:00 showing with lunch, so ate at the restaurant inside the theatre while we watched the movie.  We didn't order anything astounding.  The burgers were as great as could be expected.

For me, growing up in Florida, living my life on the water and most of it on the Keys, most of the opening scenes were drenched in nostalgia.  However, once the main characters fled their bungalow in paradise,  I was all in.  There were a few aspects of the plot I didn't see coming, but other than that, it was a pleasantly predictable apocalyptic-type showdown between the forces of good and evil movie.  As appears to be the case more often than not these days, I think they left a little room for a few sequels.  I'm just returning to movie going in theatres, so I supposed I may still be under the spell of digital audio and video.  It was just me and my husband in our pod, so we give it an easy four thumbs up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment