Saturday, April 6, 2013

So Special

I'm surprised at how special we all think we are.  I should correct that and add how special we think we are.  I'm sure someone will read this and put their hands on their hips and insist that we are all special.  Special in our own way.  Special in God's eyes.  Special to someone.  Whatever.

I can see the look on someone's face that has convinced themselves they are just that special.  Special enough to be waited on at the restaurant.  Special enough to have someone help you to your car with your groceries.  Special enough to know the owner.  Special enough to be the first in line.  Special enough to make someone wait.  Special enough to insist on having his way.  Special enough that God bestows that one perfect miracle on you for that special, special, day . . .

If no one guessed it, I don't feel very special these days.  I've been dealing with what to do with not feeling special.  Feeling like the one in a half-a-million.  Recognizing that I will never get the plaque, the trophy, the ribbon, or even the thumbs up.  First place is not a common occurrence for me and most assuredly, my name will not be called from a podium for dedicated service.  I will not be an "of the year" to any organization or group.  I will probably not be a role model or be asked to "grant" an interview.

I'm just me.  I think I'm OK with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment