Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Joining a Gym

After company for a week, I have gained back the hardest five pounds it took me to lose--the last five.  I was plateaued for two months in the mid-70s.  Then when I ran the Dirty Foot, my weight began to drop again.  I lost my 45th pound!  I was in the 160s for the first time in close to 10 years.

Well, the time has come to seek a professional, so I am joining a gym.  This is not a purple gym, or a blue gym, gold gym or a gym with a juice bar.  This is a gutted warehouse with wood floors and no air conditioning.  The real thing.

Tonight is my first night.  I get a week to visit for free, then I have to go to a membership class.  If I still want to torture myself and drive 30 minutes to do it, I'm an official member of a gym.  I suppose we shall see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment