Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Walking Uphill

I did design a new workout.  Since I don't have the world's smartest treadmill, I have to do a lot of the thinking for it.  However, I may have found a schedule I can live with.  I went back to a walking.  This is the change:

I have set my treadmill at the lowest setting which is a little more than a leisurely walk. (1.5) 20 minutes at greatest incline, 20 minutes flat, and then 13 minutes at incline.  Then, in the last seven minutes of the walk I increase the intensity one click each minute until I am walking at a pretty quick pace (2.9) the last minute.  I plan on doing that for a week.

Every seven days I will increase my speed by one click for the 53 minute walk, which in turn will increase my "sprint" at the end of the walk.

I want to remember that changes in my body are going to come and most likely go, but that feeling of being able to actually run 3, 4 and hopefully someday 5 miles in an hour will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment