Thursday, April 14, 2011

Movie Review - Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D

Starring: Milla Jovovich, Ali Carter and Wentworth Miller

I saw this movie last night via Netflix DVD.  I've seen the previous ones and found each one to be a little more silly each time.  The first one, maybe even two, were great.  I've watched them more than once.  Afterlife is just goofy.  A zombie movie is still a zombie movie.  No one expects to believe it, but it should still have that certain ability to make you forget that you're not supposed to believe.  A few moments spattered in there that make you gasp or jump a little in your chair.  They did get me a few times.  Like the first time the zombies make their obligatory suprise appearance.  However, there is just an edge of "I don't think so" that won't be denied about 1/2 way into the movie.  Milla still does an awesome job as the action hero.  This is a sequel movie based on a video game that I've never played, so perhaps that is where the breakdown of communication occurs.

I watched this movie with my son, a Resident Evil movie fan, and my cat.  My son gave it two thumbs down and my cat fell asleep in the first 10 minutes, but that's what cats do.  I give it one thumb down for the imagination and possible appeal to little boys that should be too young to be watching movies like this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment