Sunday, September 22, 2013

No Real Progress

Some time last week I took all the figures for the last three months and put them in an Excel spreadsheet only to discover I have made zero progress.  When I run faster, I don't run as far, when I run slower, I run farther.  I've been bummed about it for days.  The fastest I've done any run is 3.45 and my fastest average is a sad 2.87.  I have to run twice as fast and three times as far to make my goal in about six months.  Why am I not getting any faster?  My fastest run was last month and my second fastest was in July.  If I end September with the fastest run this month, I suppose I can call that progress, but it's not the speed and distance I need to be ready for the bridge run.  I'm beginning to wonder if I will be ready--if I can be be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment