Sunday, September 1, 2013

Slowing Down

My left foot is giving me troubles again.  I'm pretty sure it's Morton's Neuroma.  I remember the day my feet began to bother me.  We'd done a show.  It must have been fall or winter because I was wearing a pair of my favorite lace up high heels.  We were walking to the restaurant to eat afterward and I remember feeling pain in the area between my heels and arches.  That turned out to be what I think was Plantar Fascitis.  It too returns periodically, but not as bad as that first time.  It was painful to get out of bed.

So here is what I think is Morton's Neuroma.  Pain, tingling, numbness in the third and fourth toes of my left foot and a feeling of pressure discomfort between the metatarsal bones.  There's a nerve that runs between them on their way out to the toes.  I'm pretty flat footed, so that adds an additional propensity.  I massaged and massaged the area today.  I did a very short walk and then did some ice and heat combination.  No P90X since Thursday.  I did not do any exercise yesterday or this morning other than walking from here to there kind of thing.  Hopefully that will help it.  It is very uncomfortable right now.

Distance: .11
Time: 5 minutes
Calories: 15

Might as well have been a rest day.  I wanted to do something with the new month and feeling of starting fresh.  I'm not sure why in two months I was unable to conquer the six minute interval workout.  Thinking I might need a new strategy.  I want to start five minutes intervals and give my foot time to heal.  I am going to do some short walks starting a five minute interval workout this week and see if some of the inflammation goes down.


No comments:

Post a Comment