Friday, August 30, 2013

When Were You Going To Tell Me?

On Monday morning I got a call for my group to take an afternoon gig in December.  I told the lady with it being in the middle of the day we might not be able to do it, but I would ask everyone to see who could.  I would call her back in the next few days to let her know.

In the meantime I asked her if it was a paying gig and we would need to get $40 each depending on how many could make the show.  She told me she'd find out how much money the group had, but wasn't sure.

Wednesday morning (two days later) I called her back.  She told me she was "going to call" me.  Apparently in the meantime (two days) the high school would be performing for them.  I asked her if it was the band or the chorus.  She said she didn't know.  I wondered when all this happened.  She said the group doesn't have any money.  I am so sick of charitable organizations thinking they can have quality entertainment for free.  What is it with these groups?

Anyway.  I decided to tell her I was "going to" tell her that if she couldn't find anyone I would come down and play for the group.  She could put me down as her "Plan B."  She was quiet for a moment,  I tried to read her to see if she was disappointed and wished she'd waited for me to call back.  We said our socially acceptable goodbyes and the phone call ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment