Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Livin' on a $132,000 Prayer

I stopped feeling it.  I don't sympathize anymore.  I can't believe it.  I was reading along at this lovely blog posting a friend had linked me to.  I was instructed to "pray for this young couple."

OK.

I linked to the blog and found a truly heart wrenching story of a young homeless couple that had recently made a decision to live an unconventional lifestyle.  In easy terms they were going to move out in to the country and live off the land.  Now the reality of the situation is, the home they were going to lease is off the market.  The owner "decided" to sell.

I think this means the "agreement" between this endearing young couple and the homeowner was never in writing.  Wow.  That's a leap of faith.  Or, maybe, just maybe, really, really (did I say really?) naive on their behalf.

Now they are praying for "$132,000" so they can just buy the house.

Really?

Hmmm.  I've got a '92 Buick with a smashed door, no a/c, and only the back windows go down in the driveway that sometimes leaves me stranded.  Sometimes I have to bum rides or not go.  I feel God's calling for a nicer car.  I think I'll pray for a Mercedes.

I know this is all relative, but for a couple about to be "homeless," there are many options.  One of which shouldn't be a $132,000 home in the country.  It's the one or two bedroom apartment or duplex in town.  For crying out loud.  This kind of thing sets me off in a big, big way.

Quit bumming off God, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment