Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Don't Care for "Relationships"

I've decided I have heard the word "relationship(s)" far too many times in the last few weeks.  I'm annoyed.  Seems everyone is working on, starting, enhancing, boosting, etc. their relationships.  Pole dancing, stripping, "toys", date nights, lingerie, and it seems like it's all women doing the work to "improve" the relationship.

Here is my proposal:

If he's into you, he's going to want to have sex.
If he's into you, he's going to want to do things together.
If he's into you, he's going to talk to you.

Now, that said, there is the little factor of relativity.  It's all relative.  Don't compare, don't take notes, don't find out how much or how little from your friends.  This time it really is all about you.

I refuse to hang from a pole, remove my clothes slowly, or wiggle any of my body parts to get my man's attention.  I'm not going to read a how to book or watch an instructional video.  I know after 26 years he's not going to ask or plan anything.  Neither do I, so it's pretty quiet around our house.  Sometimes I wish my husband was my "best friend."  Sometimes I long for us to be able to have deep conversations and hash things out.  Sometimes I yearn to hear his feelings about a topic he could probably care less about.  Sometimes I wish he'd get passionate about something.  The truth is:

It's my problem.  He's happy.  He has no complaints.  A far as I know he's never strayed and he seems satisfied to come straight home from work.  Most of the time I'm OK with that.  I suppose the day he speaks up and tells me he's dissatisfied, then we have a problem, but for now, It's my problem and I'm working through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment