Monday, June 24, 2013

A Matter of Opinion

I got a grade back from a facilitator last night.  88.5.  He plastered the first two pages of the paper with all kinds of comments and opinions I didn't agree with, then he didn't write anything else.  His last comment on the last last page was that the paper was "rough"but headed in the right direction.

I'm over it.  I had anther facilitator that graded me hard on my papers and I agreed with him.  My writing improved over the semester and I liked the challenge.  However, I'm not so sure that most of what this guy wrote wasn't anything more than opinion.  There wasn't anything hugely grammatical wrong with the paper.  He marked me off on some passive stuff I agree with, but at the same time, he had negative comments on some wording that the proofreader suggested.  I sat there for a few minutes after I'd read through the critique and saw I had a medium-high B.  There was this "What?."  Kind of word in my head.  Complete with both a period and a question mark because I knew but I didn't know, believed but didn't.

The problem with getting this kind of feedback is I'm not challenged to improve like last time, I just start wishing it was over sooner.  Oh well, only seven weeks left.

No comments:

Post a Comment