Thursday, May 16, 2013

Trying to Get Back To Training

Well, tonight I tried the treadmill for the first time since I did whatever I did to my knees.  They are still very sloppy.  I'm trying to get back to training more seriously for the 7 Mile Bridge Run.  I need to be off the bridge in 90 minutes, so the original plan was to be able to do 7.5 miles in 90 minutes.  That's a pace of about five miles an hour.  Right now it hurts to walk past an easy pace, so that's what I did today:

Duration: 90 minutes
Incline: none
Calories: 278
Distance: 2.12 miles
Average Speed: 1.41 mph

I bought light support FUTURO knee braces from CVS.  They were buy one get one half off.  I bought the size that fits about 15" - 17"  I have a 15 inch knee, but muscular thighs, so I look bound up in them.  These FUTURO braces ended up being the best deal of all of the ones that didn't make me look like I'd been in an accident.  I just wanted something flesh colored to hold in my messed up knees a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment