Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Separating Finances

I've decided that if and when I get a job, I'd like to separate our finances.  This is not to say that I will not take the responsibility for paying back my loan.  I will take full responsibility.  However, I'd really like to try splitting up the finances.  Give my husband an opportunity to feel what it feels like to have a little freedom with his money.  Waste it.  Blow it.  Save it.

I think it would be a good experience for him so see.  I've done some research online and found some websites that give some pointers on how to divide up the expenses.  I'm a fan of percentages.  If my percentage of the income is 40%, then I pay 40% of the expenses.  I thought about stuff like groceries and gas.  When one person pays for something, then the other one has to reimburse the other one for the percentage.  I think it would be easier to have our own cars, but that may not happen right away.  I'm really thinking pretty seriously about it.

The last full time job I had I was very close to it when I resented yet another thing of mine being sold to meet expenses.  This time is was another car.  Yes.  I'd had another car of mine sold, and a scooter.  All cash I never saw yet disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment