Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fitness: Best Time 3 Miles in 53 Minutes

That's 1 1/2 miles uphill and 1 1/2 miles level.  It was a bit of a fluke.  I'm spending most off the time around 57 - 63 minutes.  However, I have added a tenth of a mile to the incline portion of the "course".  This week I am walking 1.4 level and 1.6 on full incline.  I am holding on to the rails for dear life, but hope that will soon stop.
I also change it up a bit.  Incline first one day and level terrain first the next day.

Started to really turn up the heat on the weight training and balancing exercises as well.  Doing varying number of sets of 25 calf raises throughout the day.  While I'm cooking.  In the shower.  I try to do the calf raises with my arms at my side to work those balancing muscles in the core.

My muscles are very tight today.  Yesterday was a weight train and walk work out day.  Focusing on the upper body and mostly arms for the sundress I'm working on.

I talk about it a lot in my Sewing Retro! series.  I'm up to something like #5 on it.  That's the link to #1.  I'm planning on wearing it to my niece's outdoor graduation in June.  You'll notice it's sleeveless.  Something I just don't do it go sleeveless in public.  I plan on it June 10.

In my weight training, it takes me about an hour to do it all.  I start with fast reps of low weights and then I do some slow heavy stuff.  I know that the low weights have been proven to not do so much for us.  I use the really low weights like a warm up because I have a really bad shoulder.  I takes the shoulder a very long time to warm up, so I decided to use the super light weights on the same exercises I do the super heavy weights to be sure those specific muscles and joints are warmed up the best they can be.  Since I began doing my workout this way, I have only experienced minor soreness for about 24 hours after an especially tough workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment