Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fitness: Little Debbie and my Gigantic Blister

It's Tuesday again.  I have to share some fitness tidbit.  Truth is, that blister I got the middle of last week grounded me.

I did wear some sneaker-type shoes to rehearsal last night and it didn't hurt to walk about 50 yards.  I've got some errands to run this morning and some things to do around here that I've been putting off for close to months.  Forget days and weeks.

I'm in that procrastinating mood I find myself in complete with headache, grogginess, and general impatience.  So I slept in this morning because I could.  Enter the grouchy portion of my mood.  When I feel like this my appetite for real food disappears and is replaced with a ravenous desire for things manufactured by Little Debbie.

However, I will gladly report that I have continued with my weight training.  I have never had a problem finding the desire to do that.  On Sunday I made it to another level of weights.  I managed to do two Lat Pulldowns using the next to the last weight on the stack.  I don't know how much weight this translates to.  I lost the instruction sheet containing the math portion of the exercises a long time ago.  Now I just set a goal to be able to "do" one more than last time knowing I will probably never be able to do them all.  By "them all" I mean all the weights on the stacks.  But then again . . .

My husband says I am pretty much doing it all wrong.  I disagreed.  I think by doing reps with both light and heavy weights I am getting a more broad spectrum workout.  Plus, I really think I need the warm up as my shoulder joint tends to let me know when I've over done it. Although he was probably right for a goal of strength training.  I am trying to smooth out my arms from those terrible bulges that rest somewhere around the elbow to shoulder area and I believe it's working using the combination of low weight high reps and high weight low reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment