Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It Feels Like We've Been Friends Forever

Last night I was supposed to be working on homework, instead I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning "tweaking" the appearance of my new blog.  I signed up for adsense, edited my entry--again--and thought about what topics I could pursue on different days of the week.

I decided I wanted my blog to feel personal and real.  I wanted readers to get to know me.  The real me.  The moody perfectionist with a dry sense of humor that never quite gets what she wants, so grows a little more cynical with each passing year.  I wanted all that and to keep it short.  I never wanted my readers to open up my blog on a busy Wednesday morning and think, "I don't have time to read all that."  Kind of the way I know you've felt when you get an e-mail or text from that especially wordy friend, gaze at the first few lines and close it for later and later never comes.

So for now, I've chosen some daily topics to keep my creative juices flowing in the right direction.  I imagine as I get into the rhythm of what I expect out of blogging, I'll adopt a schedule and topics that work for me.  Besides, you already know me better than some people that have known me all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment