Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Got Nothin'

This afternoon while I was eating my hot dog with american cheese and peanut butter, drinking a diet Dr. Pepper and avoiding my homework--again.  I perused other Google Blogs.  After about an hour, I came to one quick conclusion: "I got nothin'."

I sat back in my chair and smiled warmly at a whimsical blog with lace, a fabulous font and great photographs that all seemed to have a consistent pinkish hue.  Her last post was photos of the cutest little greeting card with flowers, ribbons, lace and a great quote spread asymmetrically across the bottom third corner.  Something about friends, trust and loving.  I have to admit it made me feel good.

The truth behind all this is the only one that thinks my cats are cute is me.  They are overindulged, overweight strays with entitlement  issues.  My son no longer spouts irresistible "isms" from the breakfast table or carseat.  He's 22 and will probably be moving out soon.  My husband and I are in that strange place couples sometimes get in after 23 years of marriage.  No one wants to mention the elephant in the room.

But I take comfort, because that is why I am here.  I'm here because I'm not so sure I know who I am anymore and what better place to create than on a blank canvas?  With a little resignation, I understand that I'm in the best position to be whoever and whatever I want because right now, "I Got Nothin'".

No comments:

Post a Comment