Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Navel Gazing

The last thing I wanted this adventure to be was entry after entry of navel gazing.  Besides, wasn't the whole world waiting to hear my wonderful pearls of wisdom?  What had I learned in my last 45 years that I would take into my next?  I will tell you I am a 45 year old woman married 23 years.  I get sad, I get disappointed and I get lonely.  I want more out of my life, but I have no idea where to begin.  I decided to go back to college about a year and a half ago and now I'm convinced it was the dumbest and most expensive thing I've ever done but I continue because I'm too embarrassed to quit yet another venture.  I have some of the best friends the world could offer.  I'm in the middle of a ridiculous fitness regime in hopes of being comfortable wearing a sundress to my niece's graduation in June.  I love to sew retro clothing, bead and cook using regional recipes.  At the moment, my kitchen table is covered with junk from an overstuffed craft closet because six days ago I was going to clean it out, but school started back up and I have to finish a sewing project for the local high schoo.  I would love to redo my  almost galley style kitchen and an adjoining room to be one big gourmet kitchen.  I own a catamaran, I have never sailed it, I'm so ashamed.  I tell people online, "I love to sail."  I have six rescued cats inside and three outside, my son's hedgehog and a very confused husband.  I hope you'll join me again as the weeks unfold and I learn about myself and perhaps with just a little navel gazing I can figure out what to make for dinner tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment