Saturday, February 26, 2011

Studio

I've been bitten by the "my-own-studio" bug.  I suppose it doesn't help that my friend has a lovely bungalow style poolside studio where she conducts card making classes.  The pool is enclosed, so she opens those massive french doors right onto the deck of the pool.  Who couldn't create beautiful cards in that environmnent?

For 20 years this passed October, I've taught private music lessons out of a room in whatever home we were living in at the time.  I never could wrap my lips around the word studio.  Somewhere in the two decades it became a "Teaching Room".  Sounds like something a three year old might come up with.  My third teaching room is a horribly stuffy room at the end of the house.  I've never measured.  I'm certain it is less than 10 X 10.  With a piano, a desk, two bookshelves, sound equipment, music stands and piles and piles of music, it is hardly what I would have dreamed for myself had I ever actually made any money teaching music.  I dreamed of colors like parchment, butterscotch, pewter and black.

But now, here I am, almost after the fact dreaming again of a studio and certain it is thanks to my lovely dear friend with the bungalow studio off her pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment