Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fitness Tuesday - Dirty Foot Adventure Run!

Well, it is the first Fitness Tuesday after a year.  I am 40+ pounds down.  I've run three Warrior Dashes, one Iron Crusader and I'm scheduled to run in the Dirty Foot Adventure Run this weekend, March 9.  I've been training as much as I can since the Warrior Dash has ended up being only five weeks before the Adventure Run.  The adventure run is 4.75 miles and appears to have more obstacles.  I have been working out my upper body much more these weeks in hopes of it being enough.  I'm frustrated with the fact that I can't run any faster or farther than I could a month ago, so that last 3/4 miles are going to take nothing but grit and determination, but I think that's the idea.  I've been working on the treadmill with inclines on the theory that without the incline, perhaps the flat terrain will be easier and not be as tough on me.  That remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment