Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fitness Tuesday: I Know It's Not Tuesday, but . . .

Two things are happening.  I've gotten my bike ride back up to about 15 minutes of pretty vigorous peddling.  I feel a tightening in my core!  I really do.  I'm not doing anything else but riding my bike right now, so that has to be it.  The balance required to ride must be doing something for my core.  I'm excited about this discovery.

Second, I discovered by my treadmill is not broken.  The problem is, it's not designed for running.  The fact that it can go  6 mph does not mean it can do a sustained 6 mph.  The little motor is only intended for walking and light running.  So I thought, hey, I wonder if I was to just plug it in, if it would work?  So I did.  I plugged it in and it worked.  I have not gotten on it to see if it will run with me on it, but whatever was wrong with it when it stopped cold has fixed itself.  My husband says it may have some kind of inner breaker to protect the motor.  I'm going to get on it this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment