Friday, June 19, 2015

Going Back

I'm going back to my original semi-vegetarian state.  Still in the thinking phases, I know I want to take red meat and pork back out of the equation and reinsert more fruits and veggies.  These last few months have been heavy on the simple and light on the healthy.  I am going to flip that.  The problem is going to be breaking free of the ease my husband sees in the process of dumping a bunch of crap into a slow cooker on Sunday and eating off it all week.

Do I announce my intentions and tell him he's free to eat what he wants, I'm not cooking it?

Do I continue to cook his unhealthy food alongside my semi-vegetarian foods?

I don't know yet.

Ultimately, I'm tired of feeling obligated to eat easy or what he likes because I don't want to fool with him.  If I didn't have to worry with him, I know I could come home each night, throw a salad on a plate cook up some fish or shrimp and have that be it.

The root of the problem appears to be not wanting to fool with him.  I'm not too tired to cook healthy or be healthy, I'm tired of him.  I'm tired of feeling obligated to him and his evenings and his foods. 

What am I supposed to do when all that stuff is how he feels loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment