Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You Should Be Thankful

Tonight my husband was emptying the dishwasher.  I caught him about to nest pots that were close in size.  I'd asked him not to do that in the past, so I made a point of telling him not to do what I'd already made of point of telling him not to do.  He made some sort of stoneage grunt when he bent over to put the pots away under the sink.

I heard him start to say I should be thankful.  Thankful for what, that you emptied the dishwasher?  Ummm, gee, thanks, but no thanks.  You'd have to do that anyway.

My dilemma in all this is that I don't feel like saying thank you anymore for something that he would have to do himself.  I dont' feel like saying "Thank You for emptying the dishwasher, thank you for folding the clothes, thank you for vacuuming. . ."

I hate that nerve.  When somebody hits it, I got blind.

So should I be thankful he does what he does because he'd have to do it if he lived alone, or am I to be thankful he does anything?  Like I should be thanful he doesn't stop at a bar and drink his paycheck away on the way home from work.  I'm afraid I wouldn't be married or stay married to a drunk, so why should I have to be thankful to someone for doing what he'd have to do anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment