Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mental Messages: Other People's Blogs -- Their Corner of the World

I've been looking at other people's blogs and I stopped on a blog of a woman that bakes cakes with her husband in Las Vegas.  I was so drawn into her blog and pictures, 30 minutes went by before I realized I'd been looking reading and reading and reading . . .

She's cool.  A cool mom, a cool wife, a small business owner that's actually making it, she's got cute hair, tattoos . . .

I realized I was doing it again.  Comparing myself to them.  To those out there that survive, that make it, that rise to the top.  Over the years I've been a lot of things and none of them were a success.  There wasn't really anything I could take a picture of and say:

"Look what I did today!"

That kind of bothers me.  I'm not jealous, just bothered.  Bothered by the knowledge that I know how to do a lot of things ok, I know how to do some things pretty good and there a few things I can actually do and put a small price tag on, but is there anything that I do that I can wrap a business around and two years into be asking myself if I'm ready to take it to the next level?  If I'm ready to have "help"?

Nope.

Just as I struggled when I first started this blog.  I got nothin'.  I can take a picture of a pan of brownies or a pot of steaming rice or an organized cabinet, but I really would like something I can hang a price tag on and call my own.  I'm searching for a niche.  A spot.  A corner of the world that I can call mine and charge you for entering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment