Thursday, January 26, 2012

2012 Is Your Year

I heard it a few times.  That's an exaggeration.  Well, maybe in a conversation.  Apparently, 2012 is her year.  A new boyfriend and a new job.  Things couldn't get any better than they are right now.  For Her.

So on the way home I go into my usual funk when things haven't gone my way.  I now want to know when is my year.  When do I get the metaphorical new boyfriend and new job?  Why do I get to keep the old model and still don't have a real job?  I'm grouchy about it now.  It's been a few days and I've stewed on the whole idea of when it was goin to be my year.

I've tried to think of a time when things went well for me for any extended period of time, much less in multiples and I couldn't think of anything.  I think I permanently live in half-baked world.  Very little of what I do is ever much more than  mediocre success and it's always an uphill climb.

Ah well, I hear my husband snoring from the other room so it must be 1:00 in the morning.  It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment