Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter Of Our Discontent: It's Been A While

It's been a little while since I posted something under this label.  It's not because I haven't been discontent.  I've been very discontent.  I've also been very busy with school, so when it hits me, it hit me hard.  It hit me pretty hard on Monday night and I've been grumbling ever since.

I wonder why I have the gift of being disappointed and discontent.  Why am I not satisfied with status quo the way the men in my life seem to be?  Why do I want more?  Why is there always a better?  I search my heart to find if this is wrong or selfish and all I find is more dissatisfaction.

So to sit back and be satisfied would be a disservice to me because I'm not satisfied.  I want some thing back that I've lost and I want to be rid of some things I've gained.  I want a different life and I want to be able to decide who's in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment