Monday, June 20, 2011

Back to School: "Basic" Applied Calculus--"I learned it from YouTube"

This is a tough class.  There is nothing basic about it.  I have been consistently behind for the last four days and as usual, there is only 10 days left in the class.  I'm going to try to stay up late tonight and do some work, but I've been having a tough time staying awake late into the wee hours of the morning like I have in the past.  It just messes me up.  I guess that's one of those ways to know I'm no spring chicken.

For the class, I'm in the middle of velocity.  It's not even really the middle.  I'm behind, so I've just started reading the chapter and looking at the videos.  I tell you, YouTube has been a life saver for almost all these math classes.  I have been able to find something for all of them.  I have found the most help from PatrickJMT.  His explanations are a little more down to earth than the teacher/professor format.  The MIT ones.  Holy smokes, I don't see how those kids get anything out of that nonsense.  All that writing and babbling.  No body asks questions.  They're either super super smart (yes) or they do a lot of self study and tutoring.  Those professors are making a decent chunk of change to go on and on about the same thing year after year . . . but then I think they are there to do research and stuff.  The lectures are one of those necessary evils so they can keep their spot at the school and fulfill their own personal agenda.  A least that's what I think.  I don't know that for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment