Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Two Confessions I

Isn't a confession something wrong we admit to?  I don't know.  I have two things in my life I can't let go.  Two things that have been with me for so many years they are a part of me, yet I can't be sure it's wrong.  Something was said and something was done that left a gaping wound so deep in my heart.  I can't get over and now I'm afraid I won't get over it.  A deep vein of hate and resentment that will not go away.  When I think of it, rage boils in me.

It's not an easy task.

I can't put a time frame on it.  Was it ten years, 15, or 20?  Six words that changed me and changed my life forever.  He doesn't know I heard him say it.

"I've always wanted her to work."

Pretty simple to consider.  He's always wanted me to work.  On its own the words seem pretty benign.  He's always wanted me to work.

In context, let's listen again:

"How do you feel about her having a job?"  He said.  Maybe not those exact words, but the insinuation was that he did not want me to work.

"I've always wanted her to work."  He answered.

I've.  
Always.  
Wanted. 
Her.  
To.  
Work.

My heart broke.






No comments:

Post a Comment