Monday, March 30, 2015

The Sound of My Voice

So today I heard on the radio it's not our voice men don't want to hear, it's the volume.  Apparently we talk too much.  "We" being women.  I agree.  We as a collective gender talk way  too much.  We talk about everything and we talk all the time.  However, I thought about it and considered this scenario.  Most couples, married or other, spend 50 to 60 hours a week away from home.  Add six to 15 hours a week television watching.  Six to eight hours sleep.  Time away from each other with friends--not to mention children.  The time women have to talk to their spouses or boyfriends gets significantly chipped away by the end of the week.

What are men complaining about?  Yeah, women talk too much, but compared to other things cluttering men's lives.  There is very little time to have to tolerate women's tendency to talk too much.

I was curious about my husband's views on this topic.  I wanted to know if he thought I fit into the "talk too much" category.  I felt I did not.  I keep quiet about many things and purposefully choose not to chatter about nothing.  I have several friends that do indeed talk way too much.

Well.  Long story short.  "Sometimes" I talk too much.  This I find interesting.  When is this?  Is it possible when I am disagreeing with you or telling you something you don't want to hear?

Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment