Monday, March 16, 2015

Buying Used Items on eBay

Look at the pictures.  Zoom in on corners and edges.  Don't accepts a blurred, too dark or too light photo.  Ask for close ups or different angles regardless of the item $20 or $200 when it arrives at your door it's yours.

I bought a pair of shoes for work.  New Balance 411.  The description and titles both claimed "Like New" and "New Without Box."  The pictures were a little blurry, but best I could tell they were nice shoes.  Here is the problem:

No pictures of the inside of the shoes and not pictures of the underside or soles of the shoes.  I needed shoes like yesterday, so I bought them and was very disappointed.  For them to have been "Like New" and "New Without Box," they had animal hair and some kind of dried yellow substance on the inside.  The tread on the shoes indicated the shoes had been worn more than once.  Including small rocks lodged in the cracks or the tread and some dried white substance was stuck to the sole.

I voiced my disappointment in a matter of fact message to the seller.  Long story short.  I could send them back or accept $10 dollars off.  I was concerned about losing my return shipping, so I counter offered $15 dollars off.  The seller offered the initial $10 again and let me know it would be cutting into his profit.  I told him I was disappointed but would not take the issue any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment