Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Mystery of Le Mystere

I bought a Le Mystere bra.  It's the 9955 Tisha model.  I am a very full 38E.  Finding a bra is about the suckiest thing I have to do, so when it's time, I gravitate toward Bali's minimizers in a 38DDD.  However, I have found that I'm growing when I should be shrinking.  38DDD just don't fit the girls anymore and Bali doesn't have a lot of anything past DDD.  In fact I don't think they have anything.

So last year I bought a Bendon Sport bra in a 38DDD.  It fits really nice, but it's a sports bra and not the sexiest bra on the planet.  It's a very nice bra, though.  My most comfortable bra.  If I didn't have to take out a second mortgage to buy one, I would probably own five.

Back to the Le Mystere and how much I hate buying bras.  I'd seen this model on Opera a while back.  Supposed to be the miracle to end all miracles.  Well.  I liked the look of the Tisha bra.  No one sells LeMystere around here, so I was obligated to an online purchase.  I took a chance and ordered the 38E.  It is a beautiful bra and had the story ended there, it would have been very much worth the slightly under retail price I got.

However, it doesn't end there.  I'm not going to show you pictures of me in the bra.  Let's just say that if you are a big girl with big breasts, do not buy this bra.  Or, at best, try it, before you buy it.  Major spillage out the top!  This bra touts a full coverage for full figures.  Nope.  Not a chance.  It's jiggly, joggly, goop.  My boobs were all over the place.  When I look at the bra, the redeeming factor is the cut at the top.  This bra is very low and wide.  Anybody with anything more than a C probably shouldn't wear this bra.  I am narrow in the shoulders, so the straps were too far out and very uncomfortable.  Tightening the straps only made the bra ride up in the back.  This is NEVER a problem for me.

I have been professionally fitted for a bra many times, so I know what to look for.  This was just a mistake on my part because it's a beautiful well-made bra worth every penny they are asking.  I only suggest big girls skip the lure of the tag when it says "full figure" because it's not.

The "t-shirt" bras feature is outstanding.  If I had more than two thumbs I would put them up.  This is a smooth bra that camouflages all those things that breasts do when we're in t-shirts.  I am sending this bra back.  I will probably look for their version of a bra that come straight up and to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment